BABY FRUIT OAT PANCAKES
Baby G loves to eat! I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with different foods, flavors, and textures for him, and so far, he seems to be loving just about everything I put in front of him.
These little fruit oat pancakes came from wanting something that was easy, filling, and made with simple ingredients I already had in the kitchen. They’re naturally sweet from banana, strawberries, and a little fresh blueberry juice, with whole milk yogurt and oats to make them soft and satisfying.
I especially love how versatile they are. You can switch up the fruit depending on what you have, adjust the consistency as you go, and make them into whatever size or shape works best for your little one. They’re soft enough for little mouths and easy for tiny hands to pick up, making them a great option for families doing baby-led weaning or introducing more finger foods.
And honestly, baby recipes don't need to be complicated. Sometimes it's just about taking a few wholesome ingredients, putting them together, and seeing what your little one thinks.
In Baby G’s case, these were definitely approved. Seeing those little hands reaching for another bite is pretty much the best review I could ask for.
They’re quick enough for lunch or breakfast, easy to make ahead, freezer-friendly, and perfect for those days when I want to give him something homemade without spending forever in the kitchen.
And as he keeps trying new foods, I’m sure these pancakes will keep changing right along with him - which is half the fun. ♥
Baby Fruit Oat Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 3
Ingredients
- 2 strawberries, mashed
- Juice from ¼ cup blueberries, mashed and strained
- ½ banana, mashed
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plain whole milk yogurt (I use Brown Cow Cream Top Whole Milk Yogurt)
- ½ cup oat flour, or as needed
- About 2 tbsp whole milk, more or less as needed
- Butter, for the pan
Directions
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed strawberries, blueberry juice, and mashed banana.
- If using whole oats, grind them into a fine flour. Skip this step if using oat flour.
- Add the cinnamon and yogurt and mix until combined.
- Add the oat flour, a little at a time, until the fruit and yogurt mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the milk as needed until you have a thick, spoonable pancake batter.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and add a little butter.
- Spoon the batter into mini rounds, or whatever size and shape works best for your baby.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through in the center.
- Let cool to a safe temperature, then serve with yogurt, fresh fruit, or whatever your baby enjoys. ♥
- Soft, fruity little pancakes made just for tiny hands. ♥
Jesse’s Kitchen Tip
Keep the batter thick and spoonable so the pancakes hold their shape and stay soft inside. Add the milk slowly-you can always add more, but you can’t take it out!
Serving Suggestions
♥ Plain whole milk yogurt
♥ Mashed berries
♥ Sliced banana
♥ Soft scrambled eggs
♥ Water or milk, depending on baby’s age and routine
Storage
Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.
Freezer: Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or gently reheat until soft and warmed through.
Make Ahead
Make the pancakes ahead and refrigerate for 2–3 days. Reheat gently before serving, or serve at room temperature if your baby prefers them that way.
Variations
♥ Swap strawberries for mashed raspberries
♥ Use pear or peach instead of banana
♥ Add a little unsweetened applesauce
♥ Mix in finely ground chia or flaxseed
♥ Add a little extra cinnamon for a warmer flavor
Baby Friendly?
Yes! These were made specifically with little ones in mind. Keep the pancakes soft and appropriately sized for your baby, and serve once cooled to a safe temperature.
RDH Tip
Fruit contains natural sugars and acids - offer water after eating to help rinse little teeth and gums.
FAQ
Can I use whole oats instead of oat flour?
Yes. Blend whole oats until they reach a fine, flour-like consistency, then use them the same way.
Why doesn't the recipe have an exact amount of milk?
The fruit can contain different amounts of moisture, so add the milk gradually. You're looking for a thick, spoonable pancake batter.
Can I change the fruit?
Absolutely. These are easy to customize with other soft fruits your baby already enjoys.
Can I freeze them?
Yes. Freeze the cooked pancakes for up to 2 months, then thaw and gently warm before serving.
Do I need to add sugar?
No. The banana, strawberries, and blueberry juice provide natural sweetness, so I don't add any sugar.
Little Pancakes for Little Hands ♥
One of my favorite parts of cooking for Baby G has been watching him discover new foods. Something as simple as a little pancake becomes a whole experience when he gets to pick it up, feel the texture, and decide whether he wants another bite.
These are the kinds of recipes I love most for him - simple, adaptable, and made with everyday ingredients. And when that little hand reaches back for another one, I know we have a keeper.
- From our kitchen to yours. ♥

Comments
Post a Comment