FRENCH ONION ROAST
I love French onion soup—when it’s done right, it’s honestly one of the best things. The deeply caramelized onions, rich broth, fresh herbs, and melted cheese are just so comforting. This roast was inspired by all of those flavors, but with tender, slow-cooked beef that shreds apart right into the sauce. Yum!
The sauce tastes just like French onion soup, and because everything cooks low and slow, you can get it into the oven early and have a hearty dinner ready by the evening. It feels fancy enough for a holiday dinner but is still easy enough to make during the week.
My husband loves this one. I also made it for his friend visiting from London, and he couldn’t get enough! Even my 9-month-old loved the tender shredded beef with mashed potatoes—I just prepared his portion without the wine or added salt.
I served ours over creamy mashed potatoes with crusty bread and sautéed green beans, mushrooms, and sweet peppers on the side. It’s rich, comforting, and exactly the kind of meal that makes everyone want seconds. ♥



Comments
Post a Comment